About the Course
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Course in Chandigarh – General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course is for those students who seek to plan their career in general healthcare, nursery and midwifery. It’s a 3 and a ½ year course diploma course. It’s a professional course aims to train students in the healthcare of medical patients. The course contains subjects like Psychology, Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Sociology and First Aid. Along with subjects, the course also contains a half-year internship in the medical sector to get a diploma certificate.
The GNM is about closely assessing the nursing need of the patients, keeping a close eye on the condition of patients and have basic knowledge of surgical procedure so that students later can assist doctors professionally. The objective of GNM Subjects is to bring out qualified and trained general nurses who can contribute to medical effects.
Career Scope of GNM Nursing Course
The nursing field is a booming career. With the rise in varied health culture, there is a wide shortage of staff which creates a good demand for nurses pan India. When searching for career scope in this field, there are a good number of career options available for the students after the GNM diploma course. The annual package offered is generally between INR 2 to 5 Lakhs. It further increases with the experience of the candidate. Career path students can choose are:
- ICU Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Community Health Nurse
- Nurse Educator
- Teacher Nursing School
- Home Care Nurse
- Nursing Tutor
- Certified Nursing Assistant etc.
If you want, you can ever pursue specialization and higher studies after passing in the GNM Result. Students who want to pursue higher studies can fill the nursing application form for courses like B.Sc. (Nursing), Post Basic B.Sc. (Nursing), M.Sc. (Nursing), and Ph.D. (Nursing). The scope of career is not limited here. You can get a well-paying job in different sectors as demand for qualified and skilled healthcare professionals are increasing.
- Armed Forces
- Nursing homes
- Primary Healthcare Centers
- Private and Government Hospitals
- Private clinics
- Rehabilitation Centers etc.
On successful completion of the course:
On completion of the course, students will gain skill sets, knowledge and practical experience which he or she can use in their professional nursing career. After the course is completed:
- Students will become a professional “Nurse”.
- Students shall demonstrate knowledge in general healthcare, nursery, and midwifery by taking care of patient’s problems professionally.
- Students shall be able to join hospitals, old age homes, nursing homes, orphanages, sanatoriums, armed forces, and various industries.
- Students shall demonstrate the ability to identify and analyze a patients health issues.
- Students shall able to propose the right procedure for the patient wellbeing and adapt in case of a medical emergency.
- Students shall excel in nursing care and shall be able to assist doctors during surgery.
- Any aspirants who have passed 10+2 (Intermediate) with PCB background i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum of 40% marks is eligible to apply.
- Minimum age of required is 17 and maximum is 35.
- This course is for the both male and female.
- Those who have cleared 12th vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian nursing council.
- ANM diploma holder can also opt for GNM course.
- The student shall be medically fit.
Why Amar Professional College of Nursing ‘Top GNM Nursing College in Chandigarh?
Amar Professional College of Nursing offers the GNM courses with best infrastructure and faculty. The college is located near Chandigarh; it has the essence of city beautiful. Already 2000+ students have passed out from our college, and prospering in their professional life. They were placed in multi-speciality hospitals in India as well as abroad. It is number one Private Nursing College in Punjab. We are affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified institute. The reasons to choose Amar Professional College of Nursing are:
- Experienced Teaching faculty and staff members.
- World-class infrastructure.
- Practical knowledge with fully equipped labs.
- Stress-free environment.
- Placement assured with a good annual package.
- The overall development of students by co-curricular activities.
- Provide students best internship platforms.
|Tuition fee||Books, Uniform & clinical Transportation Fee||Total|
|Hostel & Mess Charges.||Registration Fee||Examination Fee|
|4500/-(Per Month)||2000/-(One time)||2000/-(Per Year)|